If you think that “gluten free” and “tastes like cardboard” are interchangeable descriptors, you’ve never had these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. They’re amazing! Pair them up with a cold glass of homemade almond milk and Santa will be one happy camper this year. This is such a fun and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth, without the chocolate chip cookie guilt.
Ice Cream’s Best Friend
After whipping up a batch of my favorite vegan coconut ice cream, it seemed like something was missing. Something warm and gooey and doughy. Of course, cookies! This is my favorite vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies recipe. Should I be embarrassed that I know this one by heart? I first discovered these cookies from Angela Liddon in her Oh She Glows cookbook. I love this book! I’ve tried so many of her recipes and there’s not a single one that I don’t like. I’ve made a few tweaks to personalize it. For example, I like the texture that a homemade cashew butter gives these cookies. I also like to use Lilly’s chocolate chips to cut out as many refined sugars as possible. I order my Lilly’s chocolate from Thrive Market. You can use this membership promo to get some store credit for extra chocolate 😉 (Who doesn’t want extra chocolate?)Choose a FREE gift, up to $22 value, when you purchase a Thrive Market membership! (1 year and 1 month memberships available))
If you have any leftovers, I recommend hiding in the pantry and eating them as a post-breakfast snack until the little humans force you out of your hiding place. I’m not saying I’ve done it before, but I’m also not denying it… 🤭 You can keep leftovers or extras in the freezer for future indulgence. Let me know if you love these cookies as much as I do!
Vegan, Gluten Free, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or coonut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener or organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour, or almonds blended into almond meal
- 1/4 cup Lilly's dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup gluten-free oats blended into a flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix together fallxseed and 3 tablespoons of water and set aside to thicken
- Mix together the vegan butter or coconut oil and cashew butter, then add both sugars and mix together. Then beat in the flaxseed mixture and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the oat flour, almond meal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1" Ice cream scooper to scoop the dough into bals on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.